4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

4Enclave Logo ideas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Admin
Class: Admin
Race: Immortal Astral Being

PostSubject: Re: 4Enclave Logo ideas?   Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:27 pm

I almost think it needs to be a tad bit bigger but then when I make it that extra nudge bigger it seems too big. And I can't change the height too much as it squashes the image.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://4enclave.roleplaylife.net
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: Re: 4Enclave Logo ideas?   Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:53 am

It could be wider with map to either side perhaps then here there be dragons scratch 

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.” - Lazarus Long via Robert Heinlein.

One suspects Lugh Long-hand Samildánach (a wright/carpenter, a sailor, a smith/bronze craftsman, a healer, a champion, a harpist, a poet/historian, a sorcerer, cupbearer) would agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: 4Enclave Logo ideas?   Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:36 am

Making it wider as is would make the logo look bad/squashed. You would need to rework to logo a little to make that possible. I could crop it a tad bit more and make it a little thinner. Bust like I said if I where to increase the width it would mess with the text.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: 4Enclave Logo ideas?   Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:01 pm

Here is the tad bit thinner one that may look better:

Back to top Go down
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: 4Enclave Logo ideas?   Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:38 pm

I suggest making the map background wider (not stretching things) so that it can be used better as a banner and yes the artist will have to do it.

If I had access to the html I would want the words in a transpararent png.. and the map made in to a repeating pattern (tricky part) so it can wrap and be used as a background.

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.” - Lazarus Long via Robert Heinlein.

One suspects Lugh Long-hand Samildánach (a wright/carpenter, a sailor, a smith/bronze craftsman, a healer, a champion, a harpist, a poet/historian, a sorcerer, cupbearer) would agree.

Last edited by Garthanos on Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: Felorn Gloryaxe
Class: Fighter
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: 4Enclave Logo ideas?   Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:18 pm

I do agree that having it wider would probably be better. I was thinking if we could make the text smaller and lengthen the background it would look good at about 728x90 (or perhaps a little bigger). Though I'm not sure if this would be too much work or not.

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear.” - H. P. Lovecraft

Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
seti
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: seti
Class: warden
Race: hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: 4Enclave Logo ideas?   Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:57 pm

Making it 728x90 (or some similar proportion) would involve me having to draw another map from scratch. Not totally out of the question, but it might be a while, lol. If I just stretched it, it'd look terrible. But, yeah...I think an edge to edge image would be nice. Maybe the same height it is now, but stretching the whole width of the site. Not sure on those dimensions.

I could make a complementary (ie: same colors, style, etc.) map specifically designed to wrap to be used as a background. Never made a wrapable/tileable image before...but I get the idea of it...Might be fun to try, or frustrating. Very Happy

Also, I have no clue on the available options and limitations of whatever software is making this website. (I know photoshop pretty well, but I don't have a clue about HTML, making a webpage, upkeep on a webpage, etc, etc.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: 4Enclave Logo ideas?   Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:29 pm

seti wrote:
Making it 728x90 (or some similar proportion) would involve me having to draw another map from scratch. Not totally out of the question, but it might be a while, lol. If I just stretched it, it'd look terrible. But, yeah...I think an edge to edge image would be nice. Maybe the same height it is now, but stretching the whole width of the site. Not sure on those dimensions.

I could make a complementary (ie: same colors, style, etc.) map specifically designed to wrap to be used as a background. Never made a wrapable/tileable image before...but I get the idea of it...Might be fun to try, or frustrating. Very Happy
Frustration not required you get the right tools... the right software will have the function... but if you cant do that you pick a width that is unlikely to repeat... 2048 perhaps? and use that.
The web master can often also say I am designing for 1024 and make the rest of the content so it fits that design.

Quote :

Also, I have no clue on the available options and limitations of whatever software is making this website. (I know photoshop pretty well, but I don't have a clue about HTML, making a webpage, upkeep on a webpage, etc, etc.)
I have no clue either. I guess I was just talking ideal. As for the rest, I started as a Graphic Artist, then became the Web Master, then web tech and application developer... and software engineer as well.

Back to top Go down
cyvaris
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: 4Enclave Logo ideas?   Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:56 am

Hurray, we have a banner!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4Enclave Logo ideas?   

Back to top Go down