4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

General Backgrounds there small take 3 and call me in the morning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: General Backgrounds there small take 3 and call me in the morning   Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:46 am

The Backgrounds in Scales of War rock and so do the ones in Forgotten Realms.. but the general ones allow very nice story implications I want to use all of them. So my house rule allows one to either take the background benefit from 3 general ones or one of the more potent ones.

OK its a very simple house rule with low implications but to me that I didnt need huge amounts of house rules for 4e is a good sign.

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.” - Lazarus Long via Robert Heinlein.

One suspects Lugh Long-hand Samildánach (a wright/carpenter, a sailor, a smith/bronze craftsman, a healer, a champion, a harpist, a poet/historian, a sorcerer, cupbearer) would agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html

General Backgrounds there small take 3 and call me in the morning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4ENCLAVE :: 4th Edition :: The Forge-
Jump to: