4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Minions are out of luck - and my bloodiable/intimidateable minons.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: Minions are out of luck - and my bloodiable/intimidateable minons.   Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:58 pm

Thought I would mention this house rule I apply it fairly broadly and it relates to just about anything - any successful use of a power against a minion is effectively the same as a form of critical hit, where the player or DM gets to describe overwhelming success... in some fashion. A sleep spell puts the character in to a coma like a sleeping beauty.... a spell that induces a toad form becomes permanent and so on.

Minions are case and point of a type that ought to be intimidate-able into flight or surrender but since they aren't bloodiable a house rule is necessary somewhere... minions can be bloodied on a miss and you might encounter a group of bloodied/disheartened minions - battle field intimidation is viable... and Warlords have reasons to address the masses.

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.” - Lazarus Long via Robert Heinlein.

One suspects Lugh Long-hand Samildánach (a wright/carpenter, a sailor, a smith/bronze craftsman, a healer, a champion, a harpist, a poet/historian, a sorcerer, cupbearer) would agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html

Minions are out of luck - and my bloodiable/intimidateable minons.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4ENCLAVE :: 4th Edition :: 4e General Discussion-
Jump to: