4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

CBloader for posterity?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thanson02
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: thanson02
Class: Monk
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:23 pm

Never mind, I found it. And it is up and running!! Thank you Durriken!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nod_Hero
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:21 pm

This thread was helpful, thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nod_Hero
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Working fine on Windows 10, got it up and running in no time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris24601
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:14 am

Now THAT is good to hear. I've been holding off on getting a new laptop until 10 was out. News that the CBLoader doesn't have any issues on it like it did on 8 means I won't have to worry quite so much about eventually losing it due to equipment standards continuing to rise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Durriken
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: Durriken
Class: Disestablishmentarian
Race: Green dragon

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:23 am

You don't have to wait. Windows 10 is a free upgrade for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. If you see a good deal, go ahead and make the purchase then upgrade for free when Windows 10 is released.
TjD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris24601
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:56 am

Yeah, my laptop is a six-year old i5 machines... pretty solid for its age, but I'd rather update and transfer files BEFORE something catastrophic happens to it. Win8 though was an easy incentive to hold off though.

That said, based on reviews of Win10 and the fact that my laptop is still purring along for what I actually NEED it for (rather than what I'd like to have the option for) I think I'll hold off until about six months after Win10 so that most of the lingering bugs/security holes are plugged and the manufacturers have updated their specs to the actual requirements for Win10 and a lot of the programs I use will have worked out any potential compatibility bugs by then too.

One of the biggest issues Vista had was that it had much higher performance requirements than XP, so when people upgraded their XP systems it turned a smooth operating machine into one that limped along because the basic OS was eating too many resources. I bought a Vista machine about six months after it came out and never had any problems though because the system was actually built with enough processing and memory to handle Vista's load.

I don't know how Win10 compares to Win8 (or Win7) on the system resources side, but given that's never gone down (and I think even Win7 took slightly more than Vista) I think I'd much prefer a system which was built for Win10 than trying to buy a Win8 machine and hope its robust enough to handle it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skwyd42
Paragon Adventurer
Paragon Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:02 pm

Right now I have WinXP emulated on my MacBook Pro and that has the offline CB installed and running like a charm.

I also have the CB installed on my Win7 laptop and it seems to work just fine there as well.

One of my best friends is running a Linux machine and has the CB working through some sort of emulation something or other.

I've been looking at the possibility of running the CB in a WINE install on my MacBook Pro as well. I'm not much of a "fiddler" and so the thought of going through and tweaking little "fiddly bits" here and there to get it to work doesn't sound appealing to me at all. But it does seem like the most likely way to get the CB to work native in Mac OS X. And since there seems to be a fairly robust community for WINE out there, I imagine that this could become a long term solution for me. It seems that a lot of the WINE users are keen on getting older Windows software to continue to function. So I'll see where this leads.

Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   Today at 12:21 am

I am having a pain in the arse trying to make a custom weapon for some reason (I know I had made one in the past -- I made a custom superior Kopesh)

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.” - Lazarus Long via Robert Heinlein.

One suspects Lugh Long-hand Samildánach (a wright/carpenter, a sailor, a smith/bronze craftsman, a healer, a champion, a harpist, a poet/historian, a sorcerer, cupbearer) would agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   

Back to top Go down

CBloader for posterity?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4ENCLAVE :: 4th Edition :: 4e General Discussion-
Jump to: