4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Tec issues with Offline Character Builder

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thanson02
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: thanson02
Class: Monk
Race: Human

PostSubject: Tec issues with Offline Character Builder   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:44 am

Maybe someone can help me with this.

Recently, My wife and I lost all our computers to an apartment fire.  They were able to save all the data (thank god) and I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 8.1.  My old computers had XP.

I was able to install the old Character Builder without any issues, but when I tried to install the Oct. 2010 updates, it said:

Unable to crate folder.  Access Denied.

I was wondering if others have run into this problem and if they have, what they did to bypass it.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Durriken
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: Durriken
Class: Disestablishmentarian
Race: Green dragon

PostSubject: Re: Tec issues with Offline Character Builder   Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:25 am

Is the new PC 64 bit and the old 32 bit?
You may need to reinstall and specify the directory where you want the application installed.
Create a folder, say C:\CharBuilder\, and try installing there then putting in the update.

TjD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: Re: Tec issues with Offline Character Builder   Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:02 pm

I was able to get everything working on an new 8.0 windows box but my memory is getting grey enough I dont remember much about the process. Sorry (but there is hope).

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.” - Lazarus Long via Robert Heinlein.

One suspects Lugh Long-hand Samildánach (a wright/carpenter, a sailor, a smith/bronze craftsman, a healer, a champion, a harpist, a poet/historian, a sorcerer, cupbearer) would agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: Felorn Gloryaxe
Class: Fighter
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: Tec issues with Offline Character Builder   Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:55 am

Durriken wrote:
Is the new PC 64 bit and the old 32 bit?  
You may need to reinstall and specify the directory where you want the application installed.
Create a folder, say C:\CharBuilder\, and try installing there then putting in the update.

TjD

I had to do this when I installed my Character Builder. This is more than likely what you will need to do.

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear.” - H. P. Lovecraft

Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goglutin
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: Goglutin
Class: Bard (Jester/Writer)
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: Tec issues with Offline Character Builder   Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:54 am

Execute the update as an administrator... (right click on the file and the option should appear in the list)

thanson02
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: thanson02
Class: Monk
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Tec issues with Offline Character Builder   Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:36 pm

Good News!! We fixed our issue with the Character Builder.  I have the full updated character builder on my Google Drive.  If anyone is having issues installing the updates, message me and I will send you the link and directions on how to get it to work.

Man, that was a pain. Now only if I could get CBLoader to work. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tec issues with Offline Character Builder   

Back to top Go down

Tec issues with Offline Character Builder
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4ENCLAVE :: 4th Edition :: 4e General Discussion-
Jump to: