4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Balancing 13th Age Casters to 4e Non-Casters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cyvaris
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: Balancing 13th Age Casters to 4e Non-Casters   Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:11 am

So, I finally found the time to look at 13th Age and wow, I like how they handled casters. It's a beautiful fusion of Spell Slots and AEDU set up. I want to bring it into normal 4e, but can't really decide how to balance it against the other 4e classes. What would you all suggest? Change power scaling? Allow non-casters a limited "slot" system like the casters?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skwyd42
Paragon Adventurer
Paragon Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Balancing 13th Age Casters to 4e Non-Casters   Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:14 pm

I'm curious about this now. I think I need to look in to 13th age at least to see how they went about building a system.

cyvaris
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Balancing 13th Age Casters to 4e Non-Casters   Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:23 pm

I only just took the time to look at the system. I don't like "martial" characters, but I really like how they did a combo of Vancian and 4e AEDU powers. They scale spells far differently than I would, but I think the set up works well. Getting it to work nicely with 4e classes that don't use it is a real trip though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balancing 13th Age Casters to 4e Non-Casters   

Back to top Go down

Balancing 13th Age Casters to 4e Non-Casters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4ENCLAVE :: Other RPGs :: 13th Age-
Jump to: