4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

CBLoader and Windows 10?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: Re: CBLoader and Windows 10?   Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:29 pm

Will see this eve if I can get it working... not sure why this will help but the error message and some online scrounging implies it might

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.” - Lazarus Long via Robert Heinlein.

One suspects Lugh Long-hand Samildánach (a wright/carpenter, a sailor, a smith/bronze craftsman, a healer, a champion, a harpist, a poet/historian, a sorcerer, cupbearer) would agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: CBLoader and Windows 10?   Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:47 pm

found an installer andinstructions and redid it from the beginning on the new lap top and its all working fine but I did loose a bunch of character files... grumble grumble.

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.” - Lazarus Long via Robert Heinlein.

One suspects Lugh Long-hand Samildánach (a wright/carpenter, a sailor, a smith/bronze craftsman, a healer, a champion, a harpist, a poet/historian, a sorcerer, cupbearer) would agree.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: CBLoader and Windows 10?   Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:41 pm

Anyone interested in installing this ask me...

Back to top Go down
series0
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: CBLoader and Windows 10?   Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:31 pm

OMG!  Please help me.  I had an old Vista PC that had my offline generator on it.

Now I have a new Win 10 box and I tried the old method (as remembered) to install character generator and CBLoader.  Fail ...

The message I get is after it merges the part files it says something about writing to protected memory.

- I have .net 3.5 and 5 installed.  
- I installed the character generator, cbloader, the march update, and the october update, BUT the oct update failed.  It just gave some odd system error.  
- I tried both as-is from that install and copying my AppData folder from the old system to the new one and no differences.  

Help, please!

Last few lines of log file:

9/18/2017 11:33:26 PM - Debug: DLL unload:Address 0x56930000,(unknown)
9/18/2017 11:33:26 PM - Debug: Waiting for next event
9/18/2017 11:33:26 PM - Debug: DLL Load:Address 0x56930000, C:\Program Files (x86)\Wizards of the Coast\Character Builder\D20RulesEngine.dll
9/18/2017 11:33:26 PM - Debug: Could Not patch file: It is likely already patched.
9/18/2017 11:33:26 PM - Debug: Checking for merge and extract.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Generic Fighter
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: CBLoader and Windows 10?   Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:56 am

series0,
Did you install the builder in a non-standard folder like the instructions earlier say to do? It usually works if you make a new folder on the Desktop and install it there.

GF

WARNING! I have a Sense of Humor and am NOT afraid to use it!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://genericfighter.blogspot.com/
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: CBLoader and Windows 10?   Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:19 am

That's odd. I've heard of some issues with a Win10 install, but I can say that the 3 times I've installed in on a Win10 machine, it has worked just fine without doing anything 'special'. I'm assuming you've used this same install previously with success? I have all of my install bundle saved in a folder (and backed up) so I can use the same files/method each time.

Are you able to get through the install completely? I've also found that if I set the shortcut to "run as administrator" it tends to have fewer issues.

series0
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: CBLoader and Windows 10?   Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:11 pm

I DID NOT use a non-standard folder. I will try that.

Same install has been used on two other Vista machines (and several laptops) with success.

Install all works with 4 components:

Character Builder, March update, October update, CBLoader. BUT, October update fails with strange error. I have tried just running without it. Fails as well.

I will also try run as admin. Update coming soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
series0
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: CBLoader and Windows 10?   Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:53 pm

Used t he non-standard folder now. It worked ... better. The Oct install worked.

But, the backups I have did not include the part files in the custom folder, only the cbloader files. That means some updates are ... lost. So I can rote copy in the finished combined files I have and it works when I load it, but, I have to do it again to get them back every single time. Oddly, this is true even when I run no update for start. I do not understand that.

Didn't have to run as admin.

Did anyone ever write an XML interface to easily design new part file components to inject? I can't believe no one did. I made a few manual updates that worked ok for my homebrew warlock and bard classes. But the lack of custom part inclusion was a big flaw in that tool. It's also insanely hard to eliminate sources with those thousand entries to uncheck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
series0
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: CBLoader and Windows 10?   Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:19 pm

And really the question is, does anyone have access to the entire spec for the xml part file? The schema? Anyone, ... Beuler?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Generic Fighter
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: CBLoader and Windows 10?   Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:24 pm

In the following thread I have a Post with the full CBuilder and CBLoader files uploaded and linked for others to use.

http://4enclave.roleplaylife.net/t181-cbloader-for-posterity

Please check there for the files including the .Part Files for all of the official Content and a bunch of 3rd party stuff too. Some times you need to start over from scratch or close to it at least.

GF

WARNING! I have a Sense of Humor and am NOT afraid to use it!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://genericfighter.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CBLoader and Windows 10?   

Back to top Go down

CBLoader and Windows 10?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4ENCLAVE :: 4th Edition :: 4e General Discussion-
Jump to: