4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

General Art Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
doctorbadwolf
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: General Art Thread!    Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:16 am

OK, gonna post a few art threads, and this one will be the least specific. Very Happy

This is just a hippy art love fest. Post crap you like.

Meanwhile, do we have any photoshop artists in the house? Anyone interested in taking commissions and/or commissioning art? 

Throw that stuff around here. If enough of one kind of thing crops up, we'll make a thread for it, but for now we'll just do any of that in this thread. 

I'll Start! :

btw, unless the people in charge have other ideas, I suggest the following guidelines for images posted on the site:

Nothing NSFW. Links to NSFW...idk, hopefully someone with authority will chime in on that.

Put it in a spoiler. There's a button for it that looks like an open notebook with a yellow caution sign attached. or, the code is: [ spoiler ][ /spoiler ] without the spaces.

Tip for the non computer geek: If you want to use your WoTC image gallery, just go to your profile, click "Photos", then "View Gallery" and then click on the album or image you want, then right lick and select "View Image". If you want to do so in a new tab, hold control while you click the "View Image" option. Same basic thing with google images, "View Image" the image in it's own window. Sometimes image links are weird if you copy them otherwise, and mess up due to oddball formatting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
doctorbadwolf
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:17 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duskweaver
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer

Character sheet
Name: Duskweaver
Class: Invoker
Race: Eladrin

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:38 am

See? Black-skinned drow! It can be done! Smile

Who is the artist on that one, BTW? I don't recognise the monogram.

doctorbadwolf
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:00 pm

I can't remember, off hand. And google isn't helping me...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHIA

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:49 pm

doctorbadwolf wrote:

Nothing NSFW. Links to NSFW...idk, hopefully someone with authority will chime in on that.

Er, I'm a person in a position of authority now. I keep forgetting. Nice. Razz 

Not sure what Felorn's policy is but I'm guessing he dosen't want any NSFW images on the forums themselves since he removed the inappropriate avatar gallery. I'll delete any such images posted her eunless he tells me otherwise. I'll leave links to NSFW stuff up to his judgement, though.

/Troy McClure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Admin
Class: Admin
Race: Immortal Astral Being

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:09 pm

Heh, I hate to tell people that they can't post certain pieces of art because of the rules of the forum... So it would depend.

Nudity, I would really rather stay off this site. But in terms of violence and blood, I think most can handle it considering how most fantasy art is anyway.

Sorry if this throws a wrench in this thread. But I really feel that nudity and such isn't needed on the site. Even though some of the best/most well known art in history features nudity. Neutral 

Though if you really feel that an image must be seen, PM me and we'll talk about it. Smile 

- The Admin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://4enclave.roleplaylife.net
doctorbadwolf
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:28 pm

As much as I find the general mindset of accepting violence and blood more than nudity absurd, it's not my forums. No worries.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duskweaver
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:57 am

I find that mindset rather worse than merely "absurd" but, yeah, it's not my forum either.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:12 am

Yes it is absurd. But in our society it is often considered, more or less, "normal" (I'm using normal loosely) to show blood and violence (not mutilation). Heck, just watch half the shows on public television. Nudity on the other hand is a completely different beast. And it was a rather hard decision for me to rule out nudity. The main reason is I fear that it would get out of control. One person would post a picture of a woman with bare breasts, and then it would go further south from there. I feel that its only best to keep things at a PG-13 level.

Though since I would rather this forum not be a dictatorship, I feel that you should have the freedom to do what you want. I will allow people to post whatever pieces of art that they want, within reason. Basically, nothing sexually explicit. and when you do post art with nudity I would at least like viewers to have "a heads up". For example:

Post the art in a spoiler box with a similar title.

HEY WATCH OUT THERE BE NAKED PEOPLES IN HERE!!!:

Also try to stick away from overly grotesque pictures. Not many folks wanna see someone's body being ripped apart and mutilated.

- Your prudent Admin
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:38 am

The site rules have been updated to reflect the above changes. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please post them in the "Site Rules" thread.

- The Admin
Back to top Go down
doctorbadwolf
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:04 pm

Well that's fantastic! Thank you, sir or madam. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
doctorbadwolf
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:22 pm

Some images that I think would be better designs for certain races than their 4e incarnation.

some NSFW:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duskweaver
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:07 am

Admin wrote:
But in our society
Spoiler:

Duskweaver
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:14 am

No nudity, but spoilered for reasons of not jiggering up the screen width.:

doctorbadwolf
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:13 am

The archer isn't doing anything more unreasonable than members of most warrior cultures have done at some point. Much more reasonable than some of them.

Warriors/fighters/soldiers often choose the significant/"badass" thing over the most practical thing, historically.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:08 am

Duskweaver wrote:
Admin wrote:
But in our society
Spoiler:

I thought of this. But I had to make a ruling and I am American so I used what I had at hand. That doesn't mean that I wanted to ban these types of pictures of course. I actually wanted to do the opposite. But you can't always be so sure of what people are going to post. Tom, Dick, and Harry could all be excellent right minded posters, but then Tommy comes over and sees a fairly modest NFSW image and the goes nuts by posting dirtier and dirtier pictures. Its not that I don't trust people, its just when you place the power of judgement (In this case judging if a image is too inappropriate) in people's hands some put it to the extremes. And no worries. It really was a mistake on my part to stop folks from posting art with nudity in it, but allowing blood and violence.
Back to top Go down
Duskweaver
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:33 am

Thanks for being willing to discuss the issue. It's a very welcome relief from the high-handed arbitrariness of certain other online forums. :DYou're probably right that there will be a 'Tommy' at some point who will try to push the envelope, but I think that's inevitable no matter where you draw the line. In any case, the updated rules seem quite reasonable.

More cool art:

doctorbadwolf
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:08 am

very cool....save save save
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHIA

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Admin wrote:
Yes it is absurd. But in our society it is often considered, more or less, "normal" (I'm using normal loosely) to show blood and violence (not mutilation). Heck, just watch half the shows on public television. Nudity on the other hand is a completely different beast. And it was a rather hard decision for me to rule out nudity. The main reason is I fear that it would get out of control. One person would post a picture of a woman with bare breasts, and then it would go further south from there. I feel that its only best to keep things at a PG-13 level.
I agree. I can't stand that standard, but like it or not it exists and this site should probably be safe.

Quote :

Also try to stick away from overly grotesque pictures. Not many folks wanna see someone's body being ripped apart and mutilated.

You''re no fun. Razz

/Troy McClure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Art Thread!    

Back to top Go down

General Art Thread!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4ENCLAVE :: General Messages :: Art & Miniatures-